Sunday, April 08, 2007

67 Burger

On a beautiful March Sunday afternoon, Q and I peeled ourselves off the couch, met a couple of friends, and headed on over to BAM to see the ballet production of Edward Scissorhands. DANCING TOPIARIES!!! We paid for nosebleeds, but mysteriously got ushered to closer seats. We certainly weren't going to complain. It's one of my favorite movies, and it was wonderful in dance form. Afterwards, we wanted a yummy late lunch, but we still wanted a fairly casual eating experience. The Smoke Joint was a bit too busy, so we headed across the street to 67 Burger in Ft. Greene.

Even though it is obviously a burger joint, they had a few other menu options, such as salads and sandwiches. The space is appropriately fast foody. After placing your order at the counter, they give you a metal number sign, which you then take to your chosen seat. This is presumably so they can bring your correct order, although that didn't prevent a mix-up when we were there. They were super-nice about it though. They have a few beers on tap (Blue Moon and Kelso were the standouts), but more importantly they had RC cola. Mmmm. I'm not a big soda drinker, but I can't resist the syrupy goodness of RC. Also, they had curly fries on the menu which is a huge plus for me.



The burgers are cooked to order, which was a nice surprise. My medium-rare burger was actually the right shade of pink. Hooray! I ordered a cheeseburger with cheddar cheese and a side of curly fries. The burger was very good, and the curly fries were excellent.


My only qualm with the place is the price. I think my total meal (burger, fries, and soda) was a little less than twenty dollars, which in hindsight doesn't seem that bad, but it was definitely more than I wanted to spend at the time. If the place were a little less expensive, I'd definitely be back. When the weather warms up, I'll definitely stop in for a milkshake (with a little lactaid to help). And maybe an order of curly fries. Possibly a burger. I had better start saving up now.

No comments: